FAQs

What are wax melts?

Wax melts are a wick less candles that are melted in a wax warmer.
Wax melts hold a higher fragrance load than candles. They are easy to use and can be mixed together to create unique scent combinations. Our melts last from 8-20 hours, sometimes longer. This depends on the type of warmer you use, and how often or how long you use it. When using our wax melts, we suggest hot plate warmers and tea light warmers. These warmers work the best with our products.

 

What kind of wax do you use in your melts and candles?

We use our own blend of soy based wax for our candles and wax melts. Our wax is safe and non-toxic

Are your products safe for people with allergies and asthma?

Even though millions of people often use scented candles without any harmful effects, it is still possible that a certain fragrance can cause a negative reaction. Those with sensitivities to particular fragrances should avoid wax melts or candles with those scents.

What do I do when the wax melt loses its scent?

  • When the wax loses its scent, it's time to dispose of the wax and use a new one. PLEASE USE CAUTION WHEN REMOVING WAX! IT IS VERY HOT! One of the easiest ways is by adding a few cotton balls to the wax when melted. It will soak up all the wax, then you can throw it away.
  • Another way to remove wax is by carefully pouring into the trash. BE CAREFUL! The wax gets very hot.
  • You can also place your wax plate into the freezer for 15 minutes, then dump it in the trash. This process will shrink the wax and make removal easy.

 Can wax melts be eaten?

PLEASE KEEP ALL CANDLES AND WAX MELTS AWAY FROM CHILDREN AND PETS. Although our products look and smell deliciously AMAZING, they should NEVER be eaten. So please keep out of reach of children and pets.

 

How much wax should be added to my wax melter?

When using our clam shell wax melts, we suggest using 1-2 cubes. If using one of our shaped wax melts, we suggest that you cut it to the size of your liking. You can easily cut our melts using a butter knife or a wax cutter.

 

Are Kloud 9 Kandles wax melts and candles biodegradable?

     Yes, our wax blend is biodegradable.


Is candle soot harmful?


No the small amount of soot from candles is practically harmless. To avoid candle soot :  Trim the wick to ¼ inch before every use ,keep the candle away from drafty areas to avoid flame flickering, and be sure that the wax pool is free of debris.

 

What is soot, and how can it be prevented?

Candle soot is a black substance that is produced from the incomplete combustion of a candle. If the wick isn't properly trimmed, or is disturbed by a draft of air, small amounts of unburned carbon particles (soot) will be produced from the flame as a noticeable strand of smoke. Any candle will soot if the flame is bothered or if the wick is not properly trimmed.